Welcome to my blog.

The purpose of this blog is simple: providing a platform to communicate about communication. We live in a world which has been made smaller by our ability to connect and communicate. So, let's get to talkin' already.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

We All Have Something to Say


Chances are that you'll be saying way more than you ever thought you would and if you want your viewers to have an enjoyable time reading what you post, then you need to consider them first.

egardless if we're the self-important types who love to hear ourselves talk, or the wallflower who would much rather be playing a solo game of solitaire in the corner of a studio apartment, the reality is that we all have something to say.  The wonderful part about communication, especially in the social media world is that it presents a wonderful platform for people to simply be themselves. With no worries about what you look like, what kind of clothes you wear, whether your hair style is trendy or whether you even have hair anymore it's all irrelevant.  The only thing that matters in the blogging world is whether you can articulate what you want to say in such a way to capture an audiences attention.

I enjoy blogging.  I've done it for several years now and while I haven't captured a wide range of followers, I certainly have found quite a bit of pleasure in this domain.  What I realize a long time ago is that I have quite a bit to say and while I don't find many platforms where I can simply speak my mind without fear of judgment, quarrels or people poking fun at my my shortcomings articulating my feelings...what I've realized about blogs is that they can be both fun as well as refreshing.  I think of them much like I do a journal.  In fact, that's essentially what they are.  A place for to write down your thoughts and feelings in a way that allows you to speak and get things off your mind and your chest.  It can be a very freeing feeling to be honest.

While I've never used a blog as a tool for business or professional purposes, I have learned to have fun and enjoy the blogging lifestyle.  I certainly don't blog every day, but I do find that when I simply need to talk, blogging is a wonderful way to do it.

As our instructor already pointed out, there are definitely some no-no's when it comes to blogging.  Most of these don'ts are geared towards making the viewers time on your blog enjoyable.  Find colors, backgrounds and fonts that are easy to read.  Chances are that you'll be saying way more than you ever thought you would and if you want your viewers to have an enjoyable time reading what you post, then you need to consider them first.  While a certain design or layout may look cool, if it's hard to read then chances are people won't stick around or come back for more.  So, put your viewer first and then make sure that you don't get too busy with the fun things like pictures and widgets.  Other than that, have fun and enjoy your blogging experience.


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment